The Cypress Springs Elementary School PTA board is made up of volunteer parents working to advocate for our CSE Hawks and support our CSE staff.
2015 – 2016 PTA Board
President -Nicole Milligan
Vice President – Erin Turner
Secretary – Nancy Milliron
Treasurer – Kelly Crumbaker
Past President – Kelly Crumbaker
Membership – Leyanes Irizarry / Kat Sutherland
School Spirit – Bonnie Waldrop / Nancy Milliron
Hospitality – Erin Turner
Ways & Means Committee – Kelly Crumbaker / Nicole Milligan
Health & Safety Committee – Holly Ramos/Nicole Milligan
Communication Committee – Tammy Buehrmann
Family/Community Engagement Committee – Heather Simeon
Reflections/Cultural Arts – Stefanie Preston
Legislative Chair – Kelly Crumbaker
If you are interested in being on the PTA Board or part of a committee, please contact us at email@example.com
School Spirit Committee
- Paraphernalia (Hawks, T-shirts, magnets, etc)
- Manage ordering of new stuff when needed
- Keep inventory of items
- Promote sale of items
- Entails decorating, setup, ordering food or requesting members to volunteer to bring food.
- Teacher’s Welcome Back Breakfast
- Boo Hoo Breakfast
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- Holiday Luncheon
- Volunteer Appreciation and any others that fall under those categories.
- Teacher Appreciation Week – update Teacher’s Favorite Things; distribute to Room Parents, send out flyers
Mainly promoting membership through incentives. We like to have 100% school staff membership.
Volunteer Coordinator maintains the list of all paid members and reaches out to them when we need volunteers to assist with events. The Coordinator also keeps track of those who volunteered throughout the year, so we can recognize them at the Volunteer Appreciation breakfast.
Room Parent Coordinator assist teachers in finding a room parent. Maintains list of room parent volunteers and sends communication regarding events and volunteer opportunities.
Ways & Means Committee
- Fall & Spring Fundraiser
- Boosterthon (Fall 2015)
- Mixed Bags
- Holiday Shoppe
- BoxTop Collection – develop ways/incentives for students to bring in box tops. Typically, an incentive each month such as the class with the most gets a Popsicle party. BoxTops are then turned in to the company, which in turn sends PTA a check.
Health & Safety Committee
- Walk/Bike to School Day – promoting safety in the community. We ask for a representative from each subdivision to carry a sign during the walk. The purpose is to form a “walking” bus as each group from different subdivisions join along the walk. We included biking last year. We handout water and stickers to the kids as they reach the school.
- Ribbon Week
- Smile Mile
- CSE website
- School Bulletin board
- PTA Awards & Five Star School
Family/Community Engagement Committee
- Dads & Donuts
- Mother’s Day Cakes
- Holiday Craft Night
- Holiday Shoppe
- Movie Night
- Snuggle Up w/ Good Book
- Science Night
- Spirit Family Night–
Partner with local food places willing to host a Family Night. All of this would incorporate reaching out to the vendors to see if they are interested and how much of the proceeds they would be willing to donate to our PTA, scheduling a night that is approved by the board, creating flyers to send home to students and signs to promote the event.
McDonalds – Fall
- Universal Skating
- Boardwalk Bowl
- Chuck E. Cheese (Friday night)
- Smokey Bones
- Semoran Skateway
- Multicultural/Heritage Night is a night for families of different heritages to share their culture with others either through food, artifacts, entertainment or other forms.
- Talent Show
- Keeps the board informed and updated on current local, state, and national issues that directly affect the health, safety, and education of our youth